Carrot and Ginger Soup
This carrot and ginger soup is perfect as the cold winter weather closes in. This recipe is full of immune system boosting vitamin A, vitamin C necessary for repairing joint tissue and ginger which boasts anti-inflammatory properties. Why not give it a try?
Ingredients (serves four):
2 Tbsp butter
1 Kg carrots – peeled and chopped
2 large onions – chopped finely
3 cm fresh ginger – grated finely
500ml Chicken stock
3 strips of orange zest
Pumpkin, sunflower and linseeds to garnish.
• Melt butter in a medium saucepan
• Add onion and carrots, cook until onion softens.
• Add Ginger, stock and orange zest. Bring to boil then summer gently with the lid on for 20 minutes.
• Remove the zest and allow to cool.
• Blitz until smooth, reheat gently and garnish.